Monday, December 10, 2007

Update on Christmas budget

We are a little over two weeks from Christmas and I am well on track to stay within my $500 Christmas budget. I really wish I could just donate to worthy causes in my family’s name but I tried that one year and certain people got mad. Kind of silly isn’t it. I actually don’t want gifts myself…I would be happy if other people would donate in my name. I think next year I will bring up the donation idea earlier to see if it flies. There are so many kid’s in this country who have parents that either cannot get their act together or have had some bad luck and without the kindness of others they would not get anything for Christmas. I donated to The Empty Stocking Fund this year and I know it will go to a good cause if it doesn’t get stolen. I say that because they had about $50,000 of gifts stolen from their warehouse this year. I hope they catch who ever did it!

No comments: