Monday, July 9, 2007

Back at Work

July 9, 2007
After having a long weekend, I am back at work today. Another day… another dollar. Speaking of making dollars, I do have a good salary. I am very close to making six figures. My current base salary is $93,600 or $3,600 bi-weekly. Not too bad for a single person with no dependents. Why am I not better off from a net worth perspective? I can easily answer that by looking at Quicken. I do tend to fritter my money away. I feel that I have gotten better at NOT frittering it away though. Although yesterday I took my girlfriend out to lunch and spent $15.59. We went out to dinner on Friday night and I spent $55 with a tip. I try not to go overboard with dinners and stuff but I do need to bear my share of the relationship weight with things like that.
Certainly, if I had no friends or relationships I could get by with spending a lot less money but then I would be miserable and lonely. Not a good way to spend one’s life. I will happily pay my fair share if that is the alternative. Yes, dating can be expensive to the wallet but not dating can be expensive to the soul.

No comments: