Friday, January 25, 2008

I just filed my taxes electronically

This morning I was able to complete my federal and state income taxes in TaxCut and got them filed. I am expecting a $5,366 refund from my federal return and $1,215 from my state return. With all of the issues surrounding the AMT rules and how that may delay refunds I am curious how quickly I will see the money. I have every bit of it earmarked to pay off debt.

In trying to get to my Delta $25,000 threshold I spent more than normal in December and now the bill is coming due. In order to avoid the double billing interest hit that I would pay with Amex because I didn't pay off my full balance I took did a balance transfer from my Citibank MC. It cost me $75 but I figured that it was less than 2 months of interest on a high Amex balance. I will pay off my full Discover card balance and most of my Citibank balance by the end of February. I will still owe $845 on Citibank but I think I will be able to pay that off in March.

On another note I will be getting a refund of about $1,200 because I am having to cancel the vacation that I had already paid for due to personal reasons. I am still out the airfare but I can use my ticket for another trip less the $50 change fee. I am completely out of the other person's ticket. I may take that money and buy a new Apple laptop. I am not sure yet.

No comments: