Friday, June 29, 2007

okay I have compromised

June 29, 2007
I should have a higher net worth than I do but I have made many financial mistakes in my life that I really regret. That is water under the bridge now and there is nothing I can do about it.
My housing situation is that I live alone in a townhouse purchased last year for about $250k. In retrospect I should have waited to buy and I could have gotten a better deal somewhere else. I am trying to not beat myself up over it anymore though. My mortgage including taxes and homeowner association dues is just over $1,900 a month. A lot of money and I could be renting for a lot less than that. In the housing market we are in I cannot turn around and sell it very easily. I am sure there are other people in the same both as I am.
Don’t get me wrong…I do like where I live. I just wish it didn’t consume so much of my take home pay.

No comments: