Thursday, July 5, 2007

Paying for internet access

July 5, 2007
I currently pay about $50 per month before all the taxes for my broadband internet service. This is bundled with my Comcast cable TV service. I have been thinking that $50 is a lot for something I can get for “free” through my employer. I am fortunate to have been allowed to subscribe to a wireless aircard that is paid for by my generous employer. It works fine though it is not as fast as the cable internet. Ever since I installed the new wireless aircard I am not able to use my wireless modem so I am thinking that I should just dump the cable internet. That is $50 per month that I could save for my emergency fund.
I live in an area where many of my neighbors have wireless however, they have properly secured their wireless to keep intruders out so I cannot piggyback off of them even if I was so inclined. I am conflicted. I think I will have to sleep on this one a little longer to make up my mind. Also, I am slated to get a new computer later this month and maybe my home wireless will start working again. Another reason to delay my decision.

No comments: