Sunday, March 16, 2008

There is no such thing as a "Free" kitten

Yesterday I went to my vet to pick up some more insulin for my 14 year old diabetic cat...For some reason they are now charging tax on the insulin so it cost me $119 instead of the usual $110. Jeez, I do love my two cats but they are hard on the budget.

As I have written in my blog before, pets can be very expensive. They do add a lot to your life but you need to be prepared to handle the expenses. The older they get, the more expensive they get...sort of like human children.

My pet budget also took a hit this month when I spent $68 buying two new beds, bowls, a new litter box and another carrier so that I could keep them with me at my girlfriend's house on the weekends. She lives about 30 minutes away but that is a real pain when you have to give a cat shots twice a day.

Fortunately, I was under my pet budget for the months of January and February so I am probably okay so far for the year.

No comments: