Friday, November 9, 2007

Switch to WAMU

Bye bye Wachovia!!! I had threatened to switch from Wachovia to WAMU a while back but was wanting to avoid the hassle of changing banks. Well, after the $5.95 Quicken fee yesterday I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet. I opened an online savings and free checking account. It was relatively painless afterall and I am looking forward to the new relationship. My savings rate is 4.75% APR which is higher than ING Direct. I think it will be a good change for me. I do plan to keep my Wachovia savings account open with at least a $300 balance so that I can get cash from an ATM in an emergency if I needed to but I will definitely be closing the checking account. The WAMU website says that it only takes 7 minutes to open an account and I agree with them. They really do make it simple.

No comments: