Thursday, December 27, 2007

Final Christmas Tally

I ended up exceeding my original Christmas budget of $500 and spent a total of $635. The additional spending related to a trip to Harry & David for two gift baskets. In retrospect I need to only buy one of them. I will know better next year. All in all I am not too disappointed with my Christmas spending because it was less than the most recent prior years. I did spend money on myself that I did not expect to spend, primarily the new TV for the bedroom. I guess I spent my tax refund a little early. I am still i the process of finalizing my 2008 budget and will post it later this week. I originally did not even budget for Christmas which is silly because I will spend money. Those are the type of spending categories that I need to be careful of in my budget. Here is the breakdown of where I spent my Christmas budget:


Wine Country Gift Baskets $50
Harry & David $123
Amazon.com $285
BestBuy $25
Barnes & Noble $32
Target $50
Pottery Barn $10
Cash $20
Nail World $40

No comments: