Sunday, January 20, 2008

To eBay or not to eBay?

Several years ago I received a Tiffany diamond band that cost about $3,500 when it was brand new. I know the cost because I was there when it was purchased. Needless to say the relationship did not last as long as the ring and it has been sitting in my jewelry box ever since.

I know that if I were to sell it at a pawn shop I would not get very much for it. I am wondering what I could get for it if I were to sell it on eBay. I do not regularly buy or sell from eBay. There is no longer any sentimental value in the ring so anything I could get would just be gravy for me. I need to figure out what to do so I can at least get some value for it. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I love Craigslist, personally. So much easier since you don't have to deal with shipping. Also, do you know that site askanexpert.com? You can go on there and ask someone what they think you can ask. I did that with a clarinet I'm trying to sell on Craigslist.

Karen said...

I have never used Craig's list. I hadn't even thought of that site. Thanks for the info.