Monday, March 3, 2008

February 2008 Net Worth Update


It was a rough month for my net worth...the slide in the stock market took a toll. My investments decreased $1,600 due to the downturn. I also used some of my savings to help pay down debt. My only credit card debt that I am carrying is $768 on my Citicard at 0% interest. I don't have to pay it off until August of 2008 but I plan to pay it off much sooner. I am continuing to make progress in paying off my car. I am toying with the idea of using my tax refund for next year to pay off my car 6 months early. By next February/March I will only owe between $3,000 and $3,500 on it. On the other hand, I could reduce my tax withholdings so that I can keep more today and save it. I am not sure what I want to do yet with my withholding.
March is another month and I hope to see an uptick in the net worth again.

No comments: